My current favourite meal to cook when I want something quick, or really can’t be bothered, is garlic prawns.
It is a recipe where I make sure I always have everything on hand. I keep a bag of frozen prawns in the freezer and everything else is from the pantry or fridge.
How I adapt the recipe a little:
- I make this recipe to serve two and make it more soup-y by reducing the prawns to what we need. For us, I defrost my prawns on paper towel across a standard baking tray. The thawed weight tends to be around 300 grams.
- I add an onion at step one
- If I don’t have a fresh chilli I use chilli flakes
- I always have peeled garlic in the freezer, so use that. If you don’t have any fresh, use flakes or powder.
- Everything else is per this very simple recipe.
I also like to make this when I have made bread, so I can toast some and smother in garlic butter! I just mix some garlic powder with softened butter. Nothing like the double garlic hit!
I think before I make this next I will amend the recipe to this version and save in my Created Recipes.
Let me know in the comments what your current quick favourite recipes are. I can help you convert them to the Thermomix® method if you need.