Who doesn’t love a freshly baked homemade sausage roll? Yum.
I had never made these until a couple of months ago, and again this week.
I first looked at recipes on Cookidoo®, but I couldn’t find your traditional recipe. So I did a general Google search and ended up using a recipe from the Taste website as my base.
The recipe I used and modified is appropriately called Best-ever homemade sausage rolls.
What I did:
- Used pre made frozen puff pastry sheets
- Use the Thermomix® to chop up the vegetables I had available – which was onion, carrot and celery. I chopped these on Speed 7 for about 5 seconds.
- I added some Thermomix® vegetable stock paste to the recipe.
- I used 500 grams of sausage meat and 250 grams of beef mince.
- The first time I made this the sausage meat had some spices in it. The second time I added some Taco Seasoning to the mix.
- I didn’t add the Worcestershire sauce as I didn’t have any.
- I used the Thermomix® to easily combine all the ingredients together – About 10 seconds on reverse speed 5.
Yes, they are as delicious as they look.
This recipe is a perfect example of using the Thermomix® to help you with any recipe, to speed up the process and remove some of the messy work like using your hands to bring the mixture together.
Let me know in the comments which of your favourite recipes you do – or could – use the Thermomix® for in some of the steps to help you out.