The Mix Australia is the distributor of Thermomix® and Kobold® products in Australia and is a registered NDIS assistive technology and devices provider.
How are the Thermomix® and Kobold® categorised in the NDIS?
The Mix Australia is a registered NDIS assistive technology and devices provider, offering level 1 and 2 NDIS equipment to support people living with a disability and mobility issues, as well as their carers.
The Thermomix® TM6 and Kobold® products are categorised under Capital Supports (Assistive Technology – Support Category 5) as:
- Assistive products for household tasks; and
- Assistive products and accessories that are relating to participating in household tasks
How can the Thermomix® TM6 help people with disability?
The many Thermomix® TM6 functions, modes and safety features contribute to the TM6 being of help to many people with disability.
Of course, everyone’s needs are different, so one person will find some features more important than others, and the next person will have other priorities.
When using for dishes that you would otherwise cook in a pot on the stove, some of the key features that may appeal to you include:
- the cooking temperature can only be set if a time is set – therefore you cannot leave things cooking and forget them
- food is cooked at a consistent temperature
- food is stirred throughout the cooking process
- there is red light indicator when the bowl is hot (else green when not hot)
- the arms lock in place to secure the bowl so you can’t remove the bowl until it is safe to do so
Other features you may need and like:
- step-by-step guided cooking means you do not need to be able to follow a recipe – just follow the steps
- the linked recipe database, Cookidoo®, has thousands of recipes and can be searched by numerous filters including ingredients, difficulty, time required etc.
- the Thermomix® is portable, so can be used on any table or bench to suit you
- settings allow you to alter the sound, volume and duration of the sound that plays when a cooking step ends
- settings allow you to alter the brightness of the screen
- settings allow you to change the language used on the Thermomix® TM6
- there is an optional Blade Cover & Peeler attachment that will peel your vegetables for you – hands free!
- the Thermomix® Cutter is a new optional accessory that will slice and grate fruit and vegetables quickly and safely.
How can the Kobold® Vacuum help people with disability?
Some of the key features of the Kobold® products, that will assist you with cleaning, are:
Lightweight, compact and easy to steer to minimise physical effort
Flexible, fully cordless system removes power cable trip hazards and restrictions
Powerful two-motor vacuum is surprisingly quiet
Cleans every hard floor, from laminate and tiles to parquet without switching attachments
2-in-1 attachment vacuums and mops hard floors at the same time
Can be comfortably used from a seated position
Ideal for those with allergies – Sensitive Choice accredited and TUV-Nord certified
Hygienic filter bag is easy to remove cleanly, without mess
Easy-to-attach add-ons offer an entire cleaning system for greater independence
Saves money, reducing the reliance on cleaning services
How to purchase your Thermomix® or Kobold® product
Are you, or someone you care for, an NDIS participant, and you have funding that allows you to purchase a Thermomix® TM6 and/or a Kobold® vacuum product?
I have undertaken the necessary training and am a Thermomix® NDIS Program Consultant, so step 1 is to get in touch with me.
I can then guide you through the process to place your order. I am also here to assist you with getting started with your new product and learning how to use it to help you everyday in your home.
If you purchase a Thermomix® TM6 through me, then you will also get access to my ThermoJo 30 Day Kickstart, which takes you through everything you need to know to learn to love your new TM6. In addition, if you have more questions or need further assistance to get started, then I am here to help you with that as well.
If you have purchased a Kobold® vacuum product then I am also here to assist you. I own the Kobold® 2-in-1 Vacuum Mop (which I love!) and am happy to help you use your new Kobold®.
I am a Virtual Thermomix® Consultant, so can assist you with Thermomix® and Kobold® products wherever you live in Australia. We can communicate via phone and email, and in video calls where I can show you how to use various features. If you are located in or near Cairns, where I live, then we can always meet in person too.
Click here to read the detailed post about the process to purchase Thermomix® and Kobold® products with your NDIS plan.
Click here to contact Jo Reardon (ThermoJo) about purchasing a Thermomix® TM6 or Kobold® Vacuum using your NDIS Plan.
2 thoughts on “Thermomix® and Kobold®: NDIS Registered Provider”
Also check out our other process concerning the NDIS – the process for using your NDIS plan to buy a Thermomix through ThermoJo:
Get in touch for further help.
Don’t forget to check the current specials page on the site:
For example today the Kobold vacuum cleaner products and mop attachments are a massive 25% off.
This has the real advantage of bringing the total for the combined Kobold vacuum and mop below $1500 meaning you can purchase it out of your low cost AT (adaptive technology) budget or through other flexible core funding, providing you have sufficient funds without needing to get prior NDIA approval.
Contact Jo if you need any help with the process.