New offer to upgrade your Thermomix® TM31 or TM21 to the Thermomix® TM6
For the month of March 2023, Thermomix® TM31 and TM21 owners in Australia will be offered the opportunity to upgrade to the Thermomix® TM6 model, through a trade up program.
This post provides you with all the details you need on how this works, plus information on the key differences between the Thermomix® TM31, TM21 and the Thermomix® TM6.
How much do I get for trading in my Thermomix® TM31 or TM21?
The trade up offer details
The trade up offer is available from 1-31 March, 2023.
By trading in your current TM21 or TM31 Thermomix®, you will receive a $300 discount on the TM6. In addition, you will receive a bonus Thermomix® Cutter, valued at $199. In total, this represents a value of $499 for the trade in.
The Thermomix® Cutter is brand new, and not yet available in The Mix Shop. By trading in your old Thermomix®, you will get access to the Cutter before everyone else!
What if my TM31 or TM21 is damaged?
The trade up offer is still available to you if your current Thermomix® TM31 or TM21 is damaged or has a fault.
You are only required to send back the machine plus the bowl, blade and lid set. If you have lost other accessories, that is ok.
Could I get more if I sell my TM31 or TM21 privately?
The second hand market for Thermomix® TM31 and TM21 is definitely declining.
In viewing recent listings for sold Thermomix® TM31s on eBay and listings on Facebook Marketplace, they all seem to sell for $500 or less now. This has reduced in the last couple of years, where you used to be able to sell for $650+.
For the Thermomix® TM21, there are no recent sales listings, and if sold privately it would sell for a much lower value than what is being offered in this trade up promotion.
Aside from the price, selling privately presents many extra challenges, including buyers who cancel or don’t turn up, freight costs, insurance and the like.
This really is a great deal that I recommend you take up!
What payment options are available?
The payment options available when trading up to the Thermomix® TM6 are:
- Credit card or PayPal: single payment of $2059
- AfterPay: 4 payments of $514.75
- ZipMoney, 36 months interest free: weekly payments of $15.04
Click here to read my review and all you need to know about the Thermomix® Cutter.
Do I have to return my old Thermomix® when trading in for the Thermomix® TM6?
Yes, you will need to return your Thermomix® TM31 or TM21.
The process to purchase
- Click on the trade up link that your Thermomix® Consultant (that’s me!) will give you (available from 1 March)
- You will be taken to the Thermomix® website shopping cart. The new Thermomix® TM6 and bonus TM Cutter will already be in the cart. Your consultant will show as the consultant who supplied you with the trade up link.
- Add other items to your cart if you choose. Another Thermomix® TM6 accessory you may want to purchase, is the Blade Cover and Peeler.
- Complete the check out process. The total amount due for the Thermomix® TM6 and bonus TM Cutter is $2059. Read about the payment options available.
The return and dispatch process
- Once you have paid for the new TM6, you will receive a confirmation email with instructions for returning your TM31 or TM21.
- Follow these instructions, which include providing Australia Post with the Return Article ID that is in the email you receive. Australia Post will print a mailing label.
- Once Australia Post confirms to Thermomix® that your package is on the way to them, your new Thermomix® TM6 will be on it’s way to you.
- The cost of returning your old TM31 or TM21 is paid by Thermomix®, not you. You do need to provide the packaging.
How long until my new Thermomix® TM6 arrives?
Your TM6 will only be dispatched once you have lodged your old Thermomix® at Australia Post.
Once your Thermomix® is dispatched, it will normally take 7-10 days to be delivered to you.
What if I want to keep my TM31 and get a new TM6?
I can tell you from my experience that having two Thermomixes on your bench is so good! So if you would like that option, or want to gift your TM31 to someone, then you can keep your TM31 and buy a new Thermomix® TM6 – and still get a TM Cutter if you choose.
For March 2023, when you buy a Thermomix® TM6, you have the option to purchase the Thermomix® Cutter for $99 (saving $100). Remember, the Cutter isn’t yet available for purchase from The Mix Shop.
The other way to get a new Thermomix® TM6 and a TM Cutter, is to earn your Thermomix® by joining as a consultant. You will then earn your Cutter and a Peeler after three sales, a second bowl after four sales, and your TM6 after six sales.
Learn more about earning a TM6 as a Thermomix® consultant
Why should I upgrade my Thermomix® TM31 or TM21?
Click here to read my full post comparing the Thermomix® TM31 and the Thermomix® TM6.
Comparison table of Thermomix® TM31 and the TM6
The table below outlines the key similarities and differences between the current Thermomix® TM6 and the earlier TM31 model.
If you own a TM21, then you will know that the comparisons are more stark, with a smaller bowl as a start.
All models continue to have the option of manual cooking.
Click here to see how to use manual cooking in the Thermomix® TM6.
When viewing on a mobile phone, you may need to turn your screen to landscape orientation to see all columns easily.
|Feature||Thermomix® TM31||Thermomix® TM6|
|Guided Cooking||Not available||WiFi Connection|
|Cookidoo® 3.0||Not integrated||Fully integrated|
|Customised Modes||Not available||16 modes|
|Blade Cover & Peeler||Not supported||Supported|
|Thermomix® Cutter||Not supported||Supported|
|Customised Sounds||Not supported||Supported|
|Mixing Bowl Size||2 Litres||2.2 Litres|
|Varoma Size||3 Litres||3.3 Litres|
|Bowl Lid||Manual locking lid||Auto locking arms|
|Screen Size||Small: time or scales only||15.2cm x 20.3cm|
5 g incrememts (to 100g)
10g increments (over 100g)
Maximum weight 2kg
Maximum weight 3kg
|Maximum Temperature||120 degrees||160 degrees|
|Maximum Cooking Time||60 minutes||Unlimited|
The key differences between Thermomix® models
While the table above shows a significant number of differences, I want to highlight one of the things, that for me is the most significant feature – and that is Guided Cooking.
You know already how much time the Thermomix® can save you every time your cook. Well, Guided Cooking kicks that up a gear and you will save even more time – plus never miss a step or an ingredient.
With Guided Cooking you still have the flexibility to change the ingredients or quantities as you go, or to skip steps. The TM6 will not beep at you if you don’t follow on perfectly. You also have the option to use manual cooking, the same as you would with the TM31.
Visit my blog post all about Guided Cooking, or watch the video below.
Click here for an introduction to Cookidoo®, the Thermomix® Recipe database.
Safety and Accessibility of the Thermomix® TM6
The many Thermomix® TM6 functions, modes and safety features contribute to the TM6 being of help to many people with disability, or with some difficulties when cooking with traditional methods.
Click here to read more about how the Thermomix® TM6 may make cooking more accessible for you.
Replacement parts for older Thermomix® models
Vorwerk, the manufacturer of Thermomix®, guarantees the availability of replacement parts and accessories for 10 years following production.
The Thermomix® TM31 was last produced in 2014, which means that from next year, Thermomix® in Australia can no longer support the service of TM31s, and provide replacement parts.
For TM21 owners, the availability of replacement parts is already not guaranteed.
How hard is it to learn how to use the Thermomix® TM6?
When reading about all that the Thermomix® TM6 can do, and all the modes and functions, it can sound pretty overwhelming.
To help you get the most out of your new Thermomix® TM6, and to learn to love it as much as you love your current TM31 or TM21, I have created free video training for you.
My video training for Thermomix® and Cookidoo® – the ThermoJo 30 Day Kickstart – is unique and created by me, for you. It has been designed to get you using and loving the TM6 within days. This is provided to you for free when you purchase your TM6 through me, as your Thermomix® Consultant.
Click here to learn all about the Thermomix® and Cookidoo® video training you will receive.
My own experience with moving from a Thermomix® TM31 to the Thermomix® TM6
I used my Thermomix® TM31 for 12 years before upgrading in 2021. The change in models has been really easy, while at the same time having so many new things to explore. I was already using Cookidoo® for recipe ideas, and then cooking manually with the TM31.
For me the best changes are:
- Guided Cooking is my favourite upgrade feature. It makes everything so much quicker.
- The high heat mode on the TM6 is incredible. It is even used in risotto and makes the already amazing risotto even better.
- The fermentation mode makes yoghurt making even easier. Just leave your yoghurt overnight and it is perfect when you get up.
- I also love the Warm Up mode for reheating. An easier process and better result than using the microwave, and you can walk away and come back when it is perfect.
Since I bought my TM6, two new accessories have been introduced, along with three new modes. These accessories are not compatible with the smaller bowl of the TM31.
- The Thermomix® Blade Cover and Peeler is fantastic. I really didn’t think I would use it much, but I use it every time I need to peel some potatoes or other vegetables. It is super easy and lets me get on with other parts of the meal preparation.
- The Thermomix® Cutter (launched in early 2023) and new modes Grating and Slicing are a great time saving add on to the Thermomix®. Now you can grate and slice everything – getting a consistent result as well as saving time with meal prep.
Click here to learn all about what the Thermomix® TM6 can do.
Next Steps to upgrade your Thermomix®
If you are ready to upgrade to the TM6, then you can do that by clicking on the button below. This will take you to the shopping cart on the Thermomix Australia website.
The cart will have the TM6 and the TM Cutter already there, and I will be showing as your consultant.
From there you can add more items to your cart if you choose, and then checkout to finalise the order. You will then receive an email that details the simple process for returning your TM31 or TM21.
Please complete the form below if you own a Thermomix® TM21 or TM31, and are considering the upgrade to the Thermomix® TM6, or have some questions about the trade up offer.
I am more than happy to catch up with you over Zoom to show you the Thermomix® TM6 and talk through your questions about upgrading.
I will be back in touch with you very soon.