Why now is a good time to upgrade from the Thermomix® TM31 to the TM6
Now really is a great time to consider upgrading your Thermomix® TM31 to the Thermomix® TM6.
In this post I will explain why, including:
- you will get all that you love with the TM31 and so much more
- you will be able to use the new accessories that are designed for the larger bowl
- the value of the TM31 in the second hand market is sharply declining as it gets older
- as the TM31 gets older, servicing and spare parts will not be guaranteed from 2024
Read on for all the information you need.
We all love the Thermomix® TM31!
Most owners of the Thermomix® TM31 are raving fans. I certainly was for 12 years, and still love it – although I have now moved onto the Thermomix® TM6.
The Thermomix® TM31 is still an incredible machine to help you in the kitchen every day, to save you a lot of time, and to help you make anything you want for you and your family.
It served me well from 2009 through to late 2021 when I decided to start as a Thermomix® Consultant in Australia, and therefore needed to buy the TM6 (which I earned in my first 60 days).
I started to use Cookidoo® a couple of years before I upgraded to the Thermomix® TM6. I used it to easily find recipes and to plan my meals for the week. But instead of having the full integration I now love with the TM6, I continued with the manual mode of the TM31 as it was the only option.
I hadn’t felt the need to upgrade when the TM5 was released, even though it had lots of new features. With the TM6, again I waited until a couple of years after it was released, but I was getting more and more curious. I remember searching online to learn more, but sadly this blog didn’t exist back then!!
I ended up trading in my TM31 a few months later in the 2022 trade up offer, as it had some damage to the buttons which I knew I would need to fix if I sold privately. I now have two Thermomix® TM6s on my bench and love them!
Do everything you already do and so much more with the Thermomix® TM6
The Thermomix® TM6 is like the TM31 with superpowers. You can still do absolutely everything you can do with the TM31, but you can also do so much more.
With the TM6, you will:
- Never miss an ingredient or a step in a recipe when you use Guided Cooking with step-by-step navigation
- Set the exact time you need easily by simply turning the dial when using manual mode (yes, still available for you to set the time, temperature and speed)
- Use Cookidoo® to find incredible recipes, and your old favourites.
- Import your favourites from the Recipe Community into Cookidoo® to use with Guided Cooking.
- Saute your meat, seafood and vegetables in the Thermomix® bowl using the high heat mode, which has a maximum temperature of 160 degrees Celsius
- Use the Blade Cover & Peeler to cook dishes not previously possible with the blades in the way, and to peel your vegetables for you
- Use the Thermomix® Cutter to slice and grate your fruit and vegetables quickly and perfectly
- Adjust the melody, volume and duration of the Thermomix® “ready” sound
- Weigh your ingredients to the gram
- Love the larger Thermomix® bowl and Varoma – both 10% bigger
- Use the Pre-Clean mode to clean your Thermomix®, no matter how dirty
- No longer hold onto the MC as you lift off the lid, or hold the lid and MC as you blend your soup
- … and so much more, especially once you start exploring all the modes
Save so much more time with Cookidoo® recipes fully integrated into the Thermomix® TM6
I love Cookidoo®! As mentioned above, I started using it when I still had my TM31, but now that I use the TM6 I seriously go out of my way to use recipes from Cookidoo® so that I can use Guided Cooking.
Using Cookidoo® and Guided Cooking saves you so much more time as you are no longer double checking your recipe and making sure you haven’t missed a step or ingredient. The TM6 now tells you what to add, and the recipe is programmed with the time, temperature and speed, for every step of the recipe.
Have a look at this video that shows you Guided Cooking in action on the Thermomix® TM6.
Get access to the Blade Cover and Peeler, and the TM Cutter with the Thermomix® TM6
A more recent bonus of owning a Thermomix® TM6 is that you can use the two optional accessories, that are designed to fit the larger bowl.
The Blade Cover & Peeler serves two purposes, as described in the name! For some recipes, including slow cooking and sous vide cooking, you will use the blade cover to ensure the blades are out of the way as the dish cooks.
In addition, you use the Blade Cover & Peeler to peel your hard vegetables. It does a great job and again saves you time so you can get on with other parts of your food preparation.
The newest accessory for the Thermomix® is the Cutter, which has only been released in Australia from January 2023. This single blade accessory slices and grates to perfection.
Servicing and parts for the Thermomix® TM31 will not be guaranteed from 2024
Vorwerk, the manufacturer of Thermomix®, guarantees the availability of replacement parts and accessories for 10 years following production.
The Thermomix® TM31 was last produced in 2014, which means that from next year, Thermomix® in Australia can no longer guarantee the availability of parts to support the service of TM31s.
For TM21 owners, the availability of replacement parts is already not guaranteed.
How to learn more about the Thermomix® TM6
There are a few ways you can learn more about the Thermomix® TM6 before deciding to upgrade from the TM31.
Visit some of the other posts on this blog:
- What can the Thermomix® TM6 do?
- Should I buy a Thermomix®? Will I use it enough?
- Compare the Thermomix® TM31 to the TM6
If you would like to get an overview of the Thermomix® TM6 by watching videos, then you can grab my short video series, The Thermomix® TM6, Your Questions Answered.
Alternatively (or as well!), get in touch using the form below and ask me all your questions. You can even book a time with me over Zoom to see the Thermomix® TM6 and the Thermomix® Cutter in action.
Ask me all your questions about upgrading from the TM31 to the Thermomix® TM6
If you have some questions about upgrading from the TM31 to the Thermomix® TM6, then please complete the form below.
I am more than happy to answer all your questions and to show you the TM6 and the TM Cutter.
Cookidoo® is the Thermomix® recipe database.
You need an account to view the full recipe details.
Without an account you can see the ingredients but not the cooking method.
Click here to start your Cookidoo® free trial.